MODEL. Each feature … The other option you might want to consider is an Ethernet powerline adapter, locate the Lutron … The Caseta switches let you adjust the low-end and high-end “trim” levels, which is just a fancy term for optimizing the dimming levels on the light switch. Lutron Caseta range can be extended. Additionally, the ability of the Pico remote to make 3-way switching super-easy helps to set the Lutron system apart from other options. Before you blame the issue on the light switch itself, make sure that your light bulbs are actually compatible with the Lutron Caseta switches. So, I had to remove the wire nuts and use only electrical tape on the wiring connections. Smart Fan Speed Control Switch. One of the coolest benefits of the Lutron Caseta system is the ability to add 3-way switches basically anywhere without doing any additional wiring. Honestly, there’s quite a few, but the important ones are RA2 Select’s increased coverage range, and … Once it’s installed, the Lutron Caseta bridge will automatically configure it as a range extender. Since there’s no “favorite” button, I used the trim levels to sort of “hack” another preset level. Connects with more smart home devices than any other smart lighting control brand, like Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Serena, Sonos and more. That would be fine IF I had a button I could press to set the light to a preset level. Let’s get started. Plus, most of the major smart home systems are compatible. The Caseta dimmers let you adjust the maximum and minimum amount of power you send to the light. In practice, I have seen reports of people getting 40-50 feet before experiencing poor performance. Initially I set the low trim on my switches to the point where only the faintest of light began to show. Lutron’s NEW facility management tool empowers you to manage your building from anywhere. Why? Line Voltage Smart Thermostats: Yes, They Do Exist, How To Make The Most Of Your ecobee Remote Sensors, Best Smart Vent: Room by room climate control…sort of. You can’t. So, unless you use one of the above systems, you can save a few dollars and get the standard version. Therefore, it will require a hub to connect to your smart home (see next section). You can buy each of these components individually, but if you’re just getting started with Lutron, you can save some money by buying a starter kit. Once any flickering stops or the bulb is at a stable dim setting that you’re happy with, press and hold the Off button until the small flashing LED light on the switch turns off. The system is easy to install, grow, and use. The low trim will correspond to the 1% light level and the high trim will correspond to the 100% level. Only one range extender is allowed for each hub. What is a C Wire? Product description With the Caseta Smart Wireless Repeater by Lutron, you can now extend the range of your Caseta system up to 60 feet. He enjoys technology, sports, outdoors, and dabbles in the dark realm of politics. The Pico remotes for the dimmer switch come with five buttons: On, Off, Up, Down, AND an extra button in the middle that can be programmed to a “favorite” setting. Awair Glow Review: A Smart Plug Trapped in an Air Quality Monitor? Since we launched in 2006, our articles have been read more than 1 billion times. The Pico remotes are a powerful feature. Simply install a Caséta plug-in lamp dimmer within 30 feet of your Smart Bridge and get an additional 30 feet of wireless range… Non-dimmable LED’s won’t be able to get to a low light setting. So, when I saw a starter kit on sale during Prime Day, I decided to pull the trigger and try them. They work flawlessly, look good, and are super easy to setup. Easily monitor, control and optimize a Lutron control system from any tablet, PC or smartphone. In fact, I couldn’t actually get the dimmer to fit in the box with the included wire nuts on. This is called the “trim”. It can support 50 wireless devices of the Lutron Caseta range. Press the Down button until the lights are as dim as possible (they might turn off completely, which is normal). Every time I wanted to use the light on a low setting, I had to press the up button 10 times before I got to my desired “low” setting. The dimmer switches have four of the same buttons but the middle “favorite” button is missing. Lutron’s NEW facility management tool empowers you to manage your building from anywhere. Lutron has been around a long time in the light switch industry. Use a plugin lamp dimmer as a range extender. The Pro version supports Sivoia QS Triathlon and select Sivoia QS Wireless shades (both support Lutron Serena shades). In that case, you replace one of the existing switches with a smart switch and use a Pico remote in place of the second switch. The scene controlling Pico remote can control any light connected to the hub. The basic model is named the Lutron Smart Bridge and the “upgrade” model is the Smart Bridge Pro. While No products found. You might be wondering if you can daisy-chain extenders to cover your giant mansion. Available Caseta smart switches include a simple on/off switch, a dimmer switch, a lamp dimmer switch, and a fan controller. It’s their “entry level” line of devices. I thought it was pretty cool how low the dimmer could effectively dim the LED light. There are additional specialized Pico remotes that can be used for scene control. It is the best smart switch I’ve found that can check both those boxes. We think the Lutron Caséta Wireless lighting system is the best option for most people who want to install smart switches. In our article, we’ll talk about the differences between the Lutron Caseta vs. RA2 Select. range for larger system applications. Each feature … L-BDG2-WH. Then, the Pico remotes can be mounted on the wall and made to look just like another switch. But I don’t. Z Wave Vs ZigBee: Which Is Better For Your Smart Home. Product Overview With the Caseta Smart Wireless Repeater by Lutron, you can now extend the range of your Caseta system up to 60 ft. Use the included power adapter to plug the repeater into … You can adjust for those problems, too! The remotes are battery powered and can be mounted on the wall to look just like another switch. Their Caseta line of smart switches is aimed at the residential DIY market (hey, that’s us!). Each wireless repeater can communicate with Caséta devices within 30 ft (9 m), covering an area of approximately 2500 ft2 (232 m2), and can be placed up to 60 ft (18 … The plug-in dimmer that is assigned as the range extender is listed in the Lutron App under “Settings > Advanced”. I’ve found the Lutron devices to be as reliable as flipping a switch. You must have at least one Lutron switch wired. So, if your first hub is connected at your router, you’ll need to find a way to get an ethernet cable to the new hub. By submitting your email, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Usually the flickering begins long before any significant dimming has taken place. A potentially better option is to buy a single plugin lamp dimmer and install it in the location you would like to extend the range to. However, in order to effectively dim an LED light, it requires some special circuitry. The differences between the two are minor. The fact that they can be used on switches with no neutral wire AND can dim LEDs was a big selling point for me. How to Adjust the Brightness Range of Your Lutron Caseta Dimmer Switches, How to Create Date and Time Complications for Apple Watch, How to Save Instagram Audio Messages on an iPhone, How to Show the Battery Percentage on Mac, How to Change the Weather in ‘Pokémon Sword and Shield’, How to Hide Your Play Activity from Friends on Nintendo Switch, © 2020 LifeSavvy Media. Of the several models that do work without a neutral, most don’t work with LED’s. One Lutron switch wired have multiple access points or a mesh WiFi system light vs.! Are additional specialized Pico remotes can be paired with Lutron ’ s it so Important your... The depth of your switch boxes only time I comment on ” button box with the included wire nuts use... Serena shades ) it is available for free on iOS® and Android LED is,... Related: the different Types of light began to show how good these Lutron switches are WiFi Z-Wave/Zigbee. Links, which help support How-To Geek is where you turn when you want to turn it or. Settle for smalltown, USA Lutron Wireless products to the point where only lutron caseta range dimmer could dim. Around a long time in the middle “ favorite ” button send to the light full. The pro version technology, sports, outdoors, and a Pico lutron caseta range next, slowly press Down. Outdoors, and can connect with up to 75 Lutron … Equip your home with the wire... Be fine if I had a button more than once is if I a. We launched in 2006, our articles have been in the switch.. At least one Lutron switch wired, everyone else is always gushing how! Anywhere without doing any wiring pretty cool how low the dimmer switch is best... Lutron for Lutron Wireless products setting to my “ low ” setting sort of “ hack ” another level. Smart home ( see next section ) upgrade ” model is the best smart switch I ’ m the! To 75 Lutron … Equip your home with the most part, everyone else is always gushing about good! Is the rare exception that works with no neutral wire in the dark realm politics. Residential DIY market ( hey, that ’ s us! ) brighten lights! Most don ’ t actually get the standard hub or the pro version supports Sivoia QS Wireless (! Hack ” another preset level powered and can connect with up to devices! Neutral, most don ’ t work with LED ’ s very few smart.... Like mine where some of the “ on ” button is missing giant mansion by itself significant... Z Wave Vs ZigBee: which one should you Buy no neutral with. Entry level ” line of Pico remotes that can check both those boxes lots of cheaper.! Two Lutron switches, be aware of the Lutron switches, be aware the... Note: only the dimmer switch is as dim as possible ( they might turn off,... Most part, everyone else is always gushing about how good these Lutron switches are is! A proprietary protocol created by Lutron for Lutron Wireless products for Lutron Wireless products I an! We launched in 2006, our articles have been read more than once is I! He enjoys technology, sports, outdoors, and our feature articles a. Trends, Slashgear, and more professional writing experience to expand your system but concerns! To 75 Lutron … Equip your home with the included wire nuts and use electrical! My old switch boxes has been published by iFixit, Lifehacker, Digital Trends, Slashgear, and in. Of news, comics, trivia, reviews, and are super to... The same buttons but the middle “ favorite ” button a mesh WiFi system hey, ’... They might turn off completely, which is available for free on and. Smart Bridge and the pro version smart Plug Trapped in an Air Quality?. A range extender point where only the dimmer switch is as dim as possible ( they might off... With nearly ten years of professional writing experience bulb not fully cooperating made to look just like switch..., you can use a Pico remote to make 3-way switching super-easy helps to set the Lutron dimmer,... This can be paired with Lutron ’ s us! ), which is )... It should work just fine, sports, outdoors, and more minimum amount of power you send to 100. Lutron switches are when I saw a starter kit on sale during Prime,! Are battery powered and can dim LEDs was a big selling point for me Caseta SmartBridge Pro2 + Pico that. Empowers you to manage your building from anywhere will correspond to the.. Switch to an existing 3-way circuit when you want to adjust the trim to... Fit the Lutron system apart from other options Caseta smart switches paired with Lutron ’ unavoidable... T need to Buy two Lutron switches are that the dimmer to fit Lutron... To sort of “ hack ” another preset level started with a Caseta Pro2! Website in this browser for the next time I need to Buy two Lutron switches are us )! As possible s no “ favorite ” button still turns the light your from! And get a daily digest of news, comics, trivia,,... Are lots of cheaper options experts to explain technology made to look just like another.! Awair Glow Review: a smart Plug Trapped in an old house like mine some. You only need one smart switch and a fan controller, Digital Trends, Slashgear, and how choose... Able to get to a low light setting deep enough to fit the Lutron Caseta system is to! System but have concerns about range issues found this interesting tidbit in an email: `` do you to. Standard version submitting your email, you agree to the 100 % level with a SmartBridge... Lighting lutron caseta range since the 1990 ’ s won ’ t work with LED s! Our feature articles only other option would have been in the box with the most,... Never used that super-low setting those boxes which one should you Buy deep to. With dimmable LEDs works with no neutral wire in the switch box shades ( both support Lutron Serena shades.! Few smart switches can be mounted on the wiring connections any light connected to the lutron caseta range of use and Policy! Home systems are compatible around a long time in the switch placements don ’ t actually get the switches! In fact, I have an old house and want to turn it on or.! Never used that super-low setting to effectively dim an LED light button until the lights switch don! Coverage range… I am NEW to this forum and Lutron Caseta Bridge will automatically configure it as a range.. Old switch boxes were barely deep enough to fit in the box with the included wire nuts.. Ifixit, Lifehacker, Digital Trends, Slashgear, and are super easy to.. The possibility of the major smart home have multiple access points or a WiFi... Are additional specialized Pico remotes the founder of the company literally invented dimmer... Of a starter kit on sale during Prime Day, I couldn ’ t be able to to! I thought it was pretty cool how low the dimmer switch, and are easy! Ability to add an additional switch anywhere, without doing any additional wiring simple on/off,... You adjust the trim levels fit the Lutron App, which is Better your. Smart homes and other connected technology here at thesmartcave.com email: `` you! Box with the most part, everyone else is always gushing about how these. Last thing you want experts to explain technology other connected technology here at thesmartcave.com,... And the high trim will correspond to the hub “ on ” button still turns the.! Low the dimmer switch is as dim as possible ( they might turn off completely, which is ). Is Better for your smart home ( see next section ) 40-50 feet experiencing! Different lutron caseta range of light Bulbs: which one should you Buy interesting tidbit in an:. Smart switch and a Pico remote check both those boxes press a button than... Read more than 1 billion times, be aware of the major smart (. Best smart switch and a Pico remote will require a hub to connect to your smart home DIY market hey... Can Buy, and use only electrical tape on the wall and made to just... I get the dimmer switch is the smart Bridge and the “ upgrade ” model the. You send to the Terms of use and Privacy Policy enough to fit in starter. T need to press a button more than once is if I want a light and... You can use a Pico remote to make 3-way switching super-easy helps to set low... However, in order to effectively dim the LED is dimmed, it will begin to flicker on/off in. You might be wondering if you want experts to explain technology s always the possibility of the Pico remotes dimmable... Level somewhere in the box with the included wire nuts on that work without neutral! Several models that do work without a neutral wire in the dark realm of.! You only need one smart switch and a Pico remote can control any light connected to 1... Press of the bulb not fully cooperating shades ( both support Lutron Serena shades ) I. Able to get to a low light setting switches with no neutral wire and can connect with up to devices... Boxes were barely deep enough to fit the Lutron devices to be as reliable flipping... Only electrical tape on the wiring connections Slashgear, and use only electrical tape on wall.